Transfer Equivalency Information

Welcome to the UMHB transfer equivalency information site!

The courses listed in the following equivalency tables meet the standards for transfer into the indicated general education requirements of UMHB's degrees.  These listings are not a complete record of all transferrable courses, but reflect some of the more common courses transferred to UMHB.  The equivalency tables serve as pre-approval of the listed courses for the corresponding general education requirements.  Students will not be required to submit the Pre-Approval of Transfer Credit Form for listed equivalencies.  Equivalencies, nonetheless, are subject to change should the transfer institutions alter course titles and/or content.

To check the equivalency of courses not listed in these tables, send an inquiry to  In the inquiry, include the name of the transfer institution as well as the full course number and title.       

Transfer Equivalency Tables

Texas Common Course Numbering System

Additional things to know about transfer credit:

  • Courses taken at other institutions during a period of academic suspension from UMHB may NOT be transferred to UMHB.
  • No course with a grade lower than "C" will be accepted in transfer for undergraduate students.
  • Grades for transferred course work are not posted to students' academic records and are not included in term or cumulative GPA calculations unless otherwise stipulated in program specific articulation agreements.
  • A maximum of 66 semester hours of junior or community college work may be accepted in transfer.  Junior or community college courses will transfer to UMHB only as lower-division (freshman - sophomore) credit.
  • It is the student's responsibility to confirm a course's applicability to his/her degree plan.  Students are advised to obtain confirmation of a course's applicability to their degree plan PRIOR TO enrolling in the course. 

Office of the Registrar
Address: 900 College Street, UMHB Station Box 8425, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 295-4510